Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Citrus Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Crema.

   You can put anything on a taco shell and make it taste good, but these are more than just good, they are citrus infused deliciousness. Everyone around me is in the citrus business, every farmers market in town has the freshest of fresh citrus. As far as OJ goes around here, there's only one way to go. Natalie's! It's the only OJ you'll ever find in my house, I've grown up on this stuff, and by that I think my mom put it in my baby bottle. 
  Ok enough blabbing lets make some tacos!  

2 all white meat chicken breasts 
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime 
1/4 cup Natalie's Orchid Island OJ
Salt 
Fresh ground black pepper
1 garlic glove (chopped) 

   Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least an hour, up to 4. Go for 4 the flavors will be worth the wait. 
   Grill the chicken until cooked through, I grill my chicken on high heat iron grill skillet because I like the "crispy marks" on the outside of mine. I also choose to shred my chicken for these tacos because the Crema sauce sticks so much better to pulled meat

    For easy shredding my 1st best friend in the kitchen does this for me, and by that I mean my kitchen aid stand mixer. I got my baby on my 12th birthday, I turned 22 this year, my ole gal turned 10 and is still running like a champ. Anywho, attach the paddle attachment and BOOM your chicken will be shredded in minutes! 

Topping Time! 
 
Cilantro Crema Sauce
2 bundles fresh cilantro
Light Ranch
Mayonnaise
Sour Cream
Sprinkle of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Cayenne. 

Add all the cilantro to the food processor until combined.


Add all other ingredients and Pulse until smooooth. Sorry for the lack of measuring on this one, sometimes you just gotta add till its right, go with spoonfuls of each wet ingredient until its right, it will look like this 


Assembly Line

   The toppings for tacos are endless, for these I keep it simple, a bed of baby spinach on a warm flour tortilla, a scoop of the shredded chicken, a few slices of red onion, and then top with the glorious Crema Sauce, it's so fresh and heavenly you will start putting it on everything! (Make extra and store it in a mason jar for endless toppings on anything)


It's not all sweets all the time in my kitchen, 
enjoy the tacos, and if you've never had 
Natalie's OJ, do yourself a favor and check 
out there website, and where you can buy it!

http://orchidislandjuice.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment